Monday, August 28, 2006

New Stuff Learned Today

  • You can actually make yourself absolutely vital in whatever you do. You can make yourself this way without you knowing it, or intending it. You can be absolutely vital and you may not want to: Spiderman had this problem. Or in my case I (believe I) am vital in an area of expertise I don't want to be in.
  • I always thought the next step was applying what I've learned on a higher level. And it's not. It's recognizing and estimating what others have learned and reflecting it back on them.
  • Even if you are a money grabbing nutcase, you can still make very bad financial decisions.
  • People are not just inherently lazy, they also expect others (i.e. the people who give them stuff) to be not. People afford a certain amount of time and energy to achieve some level of comfort. Consequently they expect everyone else to meet them at the other end. And people get angry if they (perceive) you don't, no matter if it's due to lack of willingness, lack of ability, lack of structure, financial limitations or something else.

No comments: