Saturday, August 04, 2007

Being Pretty Sells Games

Looks and attractiveness go a long way today. It's sad to see, but more true than you might admit. Actually, I will admit that when given the choice, all basic conditions have been met and all other factors being the same, I will choose superficial beauty and image over actual depth and longetivity.

Case in point: Assassin's Creed, a video game coming out on all the major gaming platforms, but also a game that by its very setting (medieval times, during the crusades) won't appeal to me, despite looking great and being free-form, and having all these subtle cues and immersive atmosphere... until I find out who the game's producer is...



Definitely, I would not even have considered giving this game a second thought, if it weren't for this pretty face. I'm not saying Jade's actually convinced me upfront to fork over my cash in November when Assassin's Creed is released, but she's got a far better shot than say Grand Theft Auto IV, Crysis or Rock Band.

No comments: