Saturday, November 10, 2007

Frame of reference

Did someone forget to get me a memo that up is down, angry is sad, sad is happy, inside is outside? Things I thought I read or understood, are completely different, and it's making for some hefty discussions.

Obviously my frame of reference is different from anyone else's, and nobody actually has mine, but at least I thought we shared some overlap. In fact there's none. Worst thing is, people get really anxious and agitated if you don't get them the first time...

Rather than being the source of conflict, let me be the bigger man and do this: You explain me how you see your point of view, and I will listen. I will respond, reflect and feedback in a way that I can hold grasp of, but which is as neutral and inoffensive as possible.

No comments: