Monday, September 22, 2008

This is why I watch football

Imagine Colts vs. Jaguars in Indiana. The former has the most prolific quarterback-receiver tandem in the NFL (after Brady's injury), the Jags have not one but two backs who can run for 100 yards per game.

With 56 seconds to go in the game Manning managed a scoring drive which gave Indiana a 21-20 lead. Granted it was an impressive drive, which made me believe the Colts have it in the bag. Al they needed to do was frustrate the Jacksonville Jaguars for slightly under a minute to win their first game in their new stadium. Considering Jacksonville had been running all day long, and didn't show much of a passing game, I thought a comeback wasn't forthcoming... and so I turned off the TV and went to bed.

The next morning the headline read "Scobee's late 51-yard FG sends Jags past Colts".

This is why I watch football. You can win and lose a game in a minute, and you're never out of it.

No comments: