Sunday, January 13, 2013

How to handle an opinion different from yours

The outrage people express when a reviewer or journalist shares an opinion that apparently doesn't exactly match theirs, is getting out of control.

It is even from random people, who have nothing directly to do with the content, nothing to do with the event. The most vocal cases are from fans, who see every statement about their fandom as an attack on humanity.

Opinions are exactly that. I use opinions to gain some more insight into things, events that I don't know about, but I always use more than one - and more importantly I gather even more info to forge my own opinion. Now if I end up not agreeing with some vlogger, or columnist then it will always be with arguments. It certainly won't be with outrage.

No comments: