Saturday, July 30, 2005

Road Warriors

Today I saw the WWE DVD documentary for the Road Warriors. Now these guys used to be my childhood idols back in the early nineties, but even then I didn't realise they were as big as they were. This DVD fills in the gaps but also goes into the backstory of Hawk's problems, and it does so in great detail.

From time to time the WWE is quite able to pay respect to people that have meant something to the industry. I've seen that happen with Ric Flair, and I've seen it happen to Hawk on the DVD as well. Quite a touching scene, way more touching than I expected.

The WWE seems to me like a heartless promotion to work for, but they have their moments - such as the one on the Road Warriors DVD - where they show a lot of real emotion, and dignity and respect.

I'm glad I bought this DVD.

No comments: