Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Deauthorization Blues

I'm one of those people who jumped at the opportunity to get all the deauthorization software I can get. I mean, if you have Spore and Sims 2 and Red Alert 3 that installation limit is a huge inconvenience if you keep buying new equipment for your rig. 

However, how am I going to deauthorize a game's installation if THE ENTIRE HARD DISK WHICH THE GAME IS ON, IS INACCESSIBLE BY THE OS?! Can't run it, if I can't even get Vista to run, do I?

So not only does EA demand 50 bucks for the bloody privilege of playing their title... a handful of times. You can't ever upgrade the computer, which according to EA shouldn't be necessary for most people... right... 

EA fallaciously gives people the opportunity to regain these privileges with a small tool, which assumes you actually have the chance to run it in the first place. This doesn't help if your computer craps out on you. Just about the only reason to legitimately reinstall a piece of software, and EA gives you a feather duster to open a bottle of wine.

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID.

No comments: