Monday, November 16, 2009

The End of Linkedin

I tend to keep up random statistics, and the one I'm taking note of now is the "number of new users in my network" on Linkedin... you know, MySpace for grown-ups. The number is supposed to mean how many people my linked contacts are connecting to, plus the people they are connecting to themselves.

Lately I've been getting more and more invites, yet the number of new users seems to be trending down. Which means that:
  • people have stopped finding new people outside of the existing network
  • everybody is actually already in the network
  • nobody cares anymore
I think the latter seems to be the most probable. If everyone and his dog are on Linkedin, why bother? It's good to know what everybody's up to, but anything over 50 people, I'm gonna have trouble tracking. So good luck those guys and gals with 500+ connections, I'm sure you'll keep in touch.

Every once in a while people need to move. Change of scenery and all that. Smallworld would be better.

No comments: