Tuesday, December 27, 2005

2005's Most Memorable

Sometime ago I started a collection, which mentions everything that made a cool or otherwise memorable impression on me, and deserve to be recognized as such. Each year new things get added to the list. These are the things that get added from 2005:

- buying my first house (any first time goes on the list, so does this)

- Lucie Silvas - Breathe In (very nice album; bit of a throwback to Delta Goodrem, but it's been awhile since such a sound hit the airwaves, so huzzah)

- Paul Stoddard, Minardi Team Boss, goes off on a tirade during the Formula One U.S. Grand Prix in Indianapolis (I've never heard anyone in pro sports go off like that on live TV; absolutely hilarious)

- Hitch (Will Smith and Kevin James all the way. The dance sequence is priceless!)

- Gran Turismo 4 (any video game that can single-handedly completely refresh my car knowledge deserves mention here)

- the London bombings (you try not to let it bother you, but if you're going there and there's some kind of terror threat present, you are going to be a bit more nervous)

- working abroad / going abroad for the job (that's another one of my career goals checked off, even if it's only for short stints)

- Batman Begins (most surprising, because I didn't think a movie with Christian Bale would be any good. But he worked out far better than Clooney and Kilmer and even Keaton could muster.)

- Eddie Guerrero's death. (my thoughts about this already discussed here)

- Leil Lowndes - How to Talk (as far as literature is concerned, it has been a very slow year yet again. However there was a book I got a lot out of, and it's this one. Some people won't need it, but I found it helpful, so there.)

- Special Sports (very chic sporty place; quite expensive, but considering it's got all the amenities in one place, I can live with that)

- Danica Patrick (any girl who can drive race cars instantly gets my attention; any girl who looks like that, gets my undivided attention; any girl who does both... well... you do the math.)

- Oracle (the all conquering database corporation is now Peoplesoft/Siebel as well; second only in sheer step-all-over-everyone to...)

- Google (Google Earth, Blogger, Gmail, Google Talk, Froogle, Google Analytics, Google Base, Picasa, Google Desktop, Google Maps...)

- my new catchphrase: crappa della tutti crappis

Plenty of good stuff this year all in all. But next year there's a lot to look forward to: big events, major happenings, good memories...

See you next year!

No comments: