Sunday, December 11, 2005

Smokers vs. Vegetarians

When vegetarians and I eat out, they make me order different food. They have their own items on the menu, specifically catered to their tastes. Most of the time they can make a lot of people feel guilty about their food choices. Also I see a lot of people turn vegetarian from one day to another, but I never see a vegetarian turn back. I have rarely seen being a vegetarian to be a medical necessity. Finally, for some reason though women are vegetarians by choice, but men who are vegetarians, are mostly so inclined because of religious beliefs.

However smokers have made sure smoking cabin manufacturers across the world are in business, and the anti-smoking label industry… and the cigarette packet cover-industry for that matter. Also there's the extra tax income that cigarettes generate. As an aside smokers have got their own sections in restaurants and trains. Of course people move in and out of this membership, so that puts smokers behind vegetarians as the most influential minority, but I still say they’re close.

No comments: