Sunday, September 24, 2006

Everything I know I learned from the Lion King

Today we got two special letters in the mail. One announced the birth of my old school mate's daughter. It's his third baby girl, and he's not planning for more I think. You need only imagine what happens when the girls are (about to reach the proper age for) dating.

Congratulations BTW.

Another letter announced the passing of a great-uncle of my parents. Already advanced in age, and a widower, the announcement was still a shocking development. The guy was by all accounts still quite sharp. For sure a damn pity.

My condoleances.

The Lion King's theme - if I remember correctly - was The Circle Of Life. People live, people die, and people live again. No better was this theme symbolized than in today's mail.

No comments: