Sunday, October 29, 2006

World Series... missed it

Ehm... The St. Louis Cardinals win the World Series... well that's okay. Now usually I would do this schtick, in which I predict the winner on the basis of the heart, the head and the gut. But unfortunately the playoffs were so uneventful, I completely missed the part.

Now I think I would have bet money on the Detroit Tigers to win, solely because they were the best team in the majors for a big part of the season and had the better story (from perennial losers to champions in the space of a season). The Cardinals had the star power (well... Albert Pujols, and he didn't turn out that good for the Series) and were the cream of the NL crop for the last three, four seasons so they did have a good argument as well....

But with the Series already behind us, let's just call this one a no-show, and move on.

No comments: