Sunday, December 10, 2006

Immediately flip the channel if I hear these songs this month

Where are the original christmas songs? Every single year you keep hearing the same stuff over and over and over again. It's not like there isn't plenty of other good (better) stuff around than

  • All I Want for Christmas (is for you to shut up) - Mariah Carey
  • I will always love you (oh please) - Whitney Houston
  • Last Christmas - WHAM! (Oh come on, it's frickin' George Michael for godsakes)
  • My Heart Will Go On (just sink the boat already) - Celine Dion
  • Don't they know (the entire western world must celebrate christmas, and you starving saps must enjoy it too, if it's the last thing you do) - Band Aid

Of course, I will also switch off if I hear anything by Beyonce, Keane, Coldplay or U2, but that's just a matter of principle.

No comments: