Sunday, May 04, 2008

Ironman

I'm glad they actually got around to make an Ironman movie. I mean that I'd rather see Ironman on the silver screen than for example Daredevil, Ghost Rider or Elektra. And given the impression Tobey Maguire makes on me, I could even do without Spiderman too. I do realize that it takes quite some computing power to render a convincing Ironman, something that was not possible ten years ago. But a great story can be told anytime. That's why I got into the Ironman comics first, without all the CGI animations.

Thankfully that story translates well to the movie screen. Bit of an elaborate backstory, but considering the average Marvel superhero history, this one is not that far-fetched, and even conforms to the contemporary setting.

There's some great physical comedy from Downey jr., who has given the character enough depth for the audience to respect him, yet is able to completely charm his way with banter and pure wit.

The product placement is really noticeable throughout the movie, although when it's about R8s I tend to overlook that fact and focus on the fact that Audi makes really impressive supercars.

Anyway, I will again get the DVD as soon as it's released. However be sure to catch it in the cinema, and whatever you do... STAY AFTER THE CREDITS.

No comments: