Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Daylight Saving Time

Have you noticed that everyone seems a little out of sorts the past few days? Everybody's tired, has no energy, and very little inspiration. I say blame Daylight Saving Time. Why for chrissakes would anyone eat an hour off the weekend? I thought there was a study about the effects of Daylight Saving Time on the productiveness of office workers, but I can't remember what the results of that study were. At least nowadays there's a discussion whether or not
  • daylight saving is absolutely necessary
  • it is possible to move the switch to somewhere in midweek instead of on Saturday night
I don't see a lot of trouble with either option. For a couple of years now the tactic I use is to go out at night past the moment DST kicks in: I don't really miss that hour of sleep and Sundays I'm completely knackered anyway.

No comments: